Changes in version 1.3.2
December 17, 2008: We are happy to release 4ti2 version 1.3.2!
This release fixes minor bugs and portability problems. It is a source-only
release, using a new build system (GNU Autotools). It has been tested
on GNU/Linux (i386 and AMD64 architectures), Windows (with Cygwin),
Solaris (SPARC), and Mac OS X.
- Fixed bug in `markov' for computing with inhomogeneous lattice ideals for unsaturated lattices.
- Fixed bug in `minimize' for determining whether a cost function is bounded or not.
New functionality in version 1.3.1
There are quite some changes and new functions with this version (compared to version 1.2).
IMA tutorial problems
Talk at IMA, 25 October, 2006
Be invited to have a look at our beginner's guide for 4ti2!
- 'groebner' and 'markov' are again heavily improved.
- 'groebner' and 'markov' allow non-homogeneous lattice ideals.
- 'groebner' and 'markov' allow truncation.
- There is a new function 'walk' performing a Gröbner walk.
- There are new functions 'qsolve' and 'zsolve' for solving linear
systems over the reals or the integers, respectively.
- There are new functions 'rays' and 'circuits' to compute extreme rays
- The functions 'circuits' and 'graver' allow to fix certain orthants.
- One may compute with projections by specifying variables to be ignored.
- There is a new function 'minimize' to solve integer linear programs.